If you live in Canada and cannot acquire permanent status through other Canadian immigration programs, you may be able to apply for permanent residence in Canada on exceptional (H&C) grounds. These grounds include having Canadian or permanent resident family members in Canada, the best interests of your children (Canadian or foreign born), the length of time you have lived in Canada, special medical conditions etc. A humanitarian and compassionate application allows you to apply for permanent residence inside Canada, without having to leave the country and apply overseas. The law on humanitarian and compassionate applications has changed recently so it is best to consult with a lawyer before proceeding and to see if your specific circumstances would justify a humanitarian and compassionate application.

About you
Tell us about your area of interest.  
(604) 685-3844
Call Shane's office at 604.685.3844
Email Shane
Send a quick email to Shane.